Saturday, August 11, 2007

The missing element


NYC from Brooklyn
Originally uploaded by buckshot.jones
I know it is cliche', boardering on trite, to say how the world's change since that fateful day. Last year my daughter took this shot from Brooklyn. I think it is a solid composition with the Brooklyn Bridge providing a cool line.

What keeps pulling me in is what's missing. The physical structures are gone. Not leaving a scare as much as a missing limb. While the city has rebounded from the attacks, I think there is aother missing element, not physical, more emotional that is missing. We no longer seem as optimistic and forward looking. We are bogged down. Carrying the weight of war, environmental calamities, real and imagined and economic chaos, real and imagined. Strange days, indeed. Rest easy John.

No comments: