Thursday, September 20, 2007

Time stops


Time stops
Originally uploaded by buckshot.jones
Some things and some people never change. They create this signpost for society as we swoosh on by, headin' for a brighter future. Bless their hearts. They remind us of a different time, often a gentler, less confusing time. I know this is the fog of memory creating an illusion.

I was raised in the 60's. Not in that Woodstock sense. I was born in 1959, so the 60's for me were idyllic time filled with baseball and bike riding. The civil rights movement, Vietnam, all of that was background noise. We were focused on getting out of school and riding our bikes to Jim Robinson's house where we would play baseball until dark. We all imagined we were our heros from down on The Corner- Willie the Wonder, Al Kaline, Denny McClain. So I say, unless you stood at the plate with one foot in the bucket, ala Dick McAuliff, when it came to the 60's you weren't really there, man.

No comments: